24/08/2010

GREEN MAN

I am back from the land of the Green Man and enjoying my home comforts. Despite the rain, The festival was a bundle of fun. Much of our time this year was spent in the farout tent and this wasn't just about sheltering from the rain, there were some really great acts performing there, unlike last year where the main stage ruled for me with folks like Grizzly bear and Bon Iver who provided my 2009 highlights, this year was more about some new discoveries..some of which I will share below...so here is my festival run down....
_
Friday
-
Friday was definitely the least inspiring day for me, I think a weirdly flat performance from the usually super super great Beirut didn't help..it made me sad. Having seen them several years ago on the South bank when they first started promoting the album The Gulag Orkestar it was a band I was really looking forward to...not sure what happened but I still love them all the same.

I enjoyed the music of Erland and the Carnival whom graced the main stage earlier on in the day
track, "Was you ever see" below.



-
Saturday
-
A trip to the near by village for a rain coat, a bargainous tan leather satchel in the charity shop and a bottle of whisky made Saturday my dancing day. Starting in the far out tent with Avi buffalo. Unfortunately we only caught the last two songs but are off to see them at hoxton bar and grill this Saturday, tickets are still available if you like what you hear, "whats in it for?" below,



These New Puritans followed, truly amazing live... "We want war" below, crazily good video too
directed by Daniel askill.



A lighter finish in the far out tent, with the tunes of Wild beasts, I ignored my boyfriend telling me they were an indie scissor sisters and enjoyed the set mucho..dancing shoes/wellies and red stripe check.



Saturday was finished of with the Flaming Lips, they emerged from a giant fanny at the beginning which I was sad to miss as I was on bar duty but I did witness Wayne Coyne's huge green lazer fingers and some giant balloons.

-
Sunday
-
Highlights were of course Darwin Deez..Fun with a capitol F yah! they seem to be very popular with the under 16's but hey their set was an absolute joy to watch, impromptu badly choreographed dance routines and all... Joanna Newsom finished the festival off beautifully, her voice is like nothing on this earth, her first song literally took my breath away...
Earlier on in the farout tent (again) Girls where really quite something and I loved their floral arrangements on stage...."Lust for life" below...see you next year..please be sunny!

"Lust For Life"

GIRLS | MySpace Music Videos

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...