03/09/2010

AMES ROOM




A new discovery for me yesterday was the Ames room!

and heres the wiki wiki lo down...

An Ames room is a distorted room that is used to create an optical illusion. It was invented by American ophthalmologist Adelbert Ames, Jr. in 1934, and constructed in the following year.

As a result of this optical illusion, a person standing in one corner appears to the observer to be a giant, while a person standing in the other corner appears to be a dwarf. The illusion is convincing enough that a person walking back and forth from the left corner to the right corner appears to grow or shrink....how amazing is that! I may have to make one of my rooms an ames room when I eventually purchase my own house...but would it effect the price of resale??



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This thing is amazing right? My teacher put me onto it for studying my topic of deceptive reality and creating reality. I find it quite amazing that we see these two people differently and cant see the truth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...