03/09/2010

YURI SUZUKI


I popped down to KK oulet yesterday for the opening of Yuri Suzuki's show and it was so much fun..I think I got a little over excited by it all. It was a shame that you were unable to touch a lot of the items..or hear them in action but his sound inventions are non the less..amazing! people were invited to press and record their own records..which I believe is as novel as it gets!...pictured above is the musical kettle, I like the idea of elevating the everyday into something extraordinary, and I think this piece does just that... As the kettle boils it whistles your favourite tune...what more could you ask for when its time for a cuppa....

Sound Interjection! will be part of the Anti Design Festival and the ICON Design Trail both of which run 18-26 September.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...