10/08/2011

GIO PONTI : INSPIRATION : PRODUCT







Gio Ponti probably doesn't need any introduction, a renowned , architect, industrial designer, artist and furniture designer. Yesterday I chanced upon a collection of work called "le mani" that I hadn't seen before.

I tend to be falling in love with objects on a daily basis lately (it was a dish cloth on Monday) and The "mani" below is no exception. I love that something created in the 1930's can feel so very now. True talent!

Incidentally I have been after an antique porcelain glove mould myself, there are quite a few for sale on Etsy if they float your boat...shipping can make the item pretty expensive though!

This image was found over at the epicenter of internet drooling that is www.wright20.com..you can view more of Gio Ponti's inspiring product work here






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...